Disorders of Lipid Metabolism (DLM) Guideline (2011)Welcome to the 2011 Discorders of Lipid Metabolism Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline site. The guideline information is divided into several sections:
- Executive Summary - major recommendations and ratings by Nutrition Care Process category.
- Introduction - Guideline Overview; Scope, Statement of Intent and Patient Preference, Guideline Methods, Implementation of the Guideline; Benefits and Harms of Implementing the Recommendations
- Major Recommendations - Guideline recommendations with conditional statements and strength rating
- Algorithms - Diagrams showing a flow of treatment for a disease or condition
- Appendices and References - additional information
Printing Guideline Materials
You can print each page of the guideline by clicking on the print icon in the upper right-hand corner. To print entire sections of a guideline in PDF format, please click below:
- DLM (2011) Introductory Material (approx. 10 pages/121kb)
- DLM (2011) Major Recommendations (approx. 59 pages/289kb)
- DLM (2011) Algorithms (approx 7 pages/132kb)
The report will be generated in PDF format. We recommend Adobe Reader 7.0 or greater (available as a free download www.adobe.com).
General Information and Disclaimer
This nutrition practice guideline is meant to serve as a general framework for handling clients with particular health problems. The independent skill and judgment of the health care provider must always dictate treatment decisions.