Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) (2007)
Welcome to the Spinal Cord Injury project site. This project was published in 2007. Highlights of this project include:
- Target audience of adults.
- Eight (8) sub-topics with 12 evidence analysis questions. Use the links on the left to access the conclusions.
- Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guidelines were published in 2009.
- Expand the Project Resources section for information on products developed on this topic.
There is no scheduled update for this project.
- Project Resources
The following resources were developed:
- Spinal Cord Injury Guideline Presentation - this 67-slide MS PowerPoint presentation includes all the recommendations and ratings of the Spinal Cord Injury Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guideline. Ideal for you to use for meetings, in-service presentations and classes (not designed for the consumer). Click to order.
- Project Team
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project:
- Angela T. Paisosn DiTucci, RD, Chair
- Vickeri Barton, RD, CD
- Erin DeDecker, BSc, HBSc, RD
- Mary Ann Djonne, MEd
- Yvonne C. Portelli, RD, LD, CDE
- Melissa M. Shock, PhD, RD
- Mary C. Strauser Rocca, MEd, RD (resigned 2007)
- Erica K. Gradwell, MS, RD (resigned 2007)
- Kyle Thompson, MS< RD, CD, CNSD
- Sharon Balters, PhD, RD, LMNT
- Christopher Taylor, PhD, RD
- Madelyn L. Wheeler, MS, RD, FADA, CD, CDE
- Sharon Wojnaroski, MA, RD
- Megan Wolfe, MS, RD, CDN
- Jane Ziegler, MS, RD, LDN, CNSD
- Melody N. Chavez, RD
- Milissa Janisko, RD
- Ki (Alex) Kim, MD
- Lisa D. Miller, RD, LD
- Linda Kautz Osterkamp, PhD, RD, FADA
- Lindsay Torcasi, RD, LD
- Deborah Cummins, PhD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD
- Joan Schwaba, MS, RD, LDN
- Eesther F. Myers, PhD, RD
Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
- Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) Education Foundation
- Dietitians in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation DIetetic Practice Group
- Herbert and Nylda Gemple
: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- None of the workgroup members listed above disclosed potential conflicts.