ONC: Background Information (2007)
Identifying Information and Availability
This guideline was not adapted from another source. Development of the guideline was conducted in accordance with the Appraisal of Guidelines Research Evaluation critical appraisal instrument.
Hematological Malignancy Recommendations May 2008
American Dietetic Association
This is the first release of the Oncology Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline.
- Christina W. Biesemeier, MS, RD, LD, FADA, LDN (co- chair)
- Laura G. Elliott, MPH, RD, CSO, LD, (co- chair)
- Carol B. Frankmann, MS, RD, LD, CNSD
- Dianne E. Kiyomoto-Kuey, RD, CSO
- Kimberly Robien, PhD, RD, FADA, CNSD
- Denise Snyder, MS, RD, LDN
- Sandra Luthringer, RD, LDN
- Tami A. Piemonte, MS, RD, LD/N
- Jeanene J. Fogli, MS, RD, LDN
- Mary Katherine 'Kathy' Hoy, EdD, RD
- Maureen B. Huhmann, MS, RD
- Marianne Grandon, RD, LD
- Lori A. Neighbors, MS, RD
- Joanne M. Spahn, MS, RD, FADA
- Kyle L. Thompson, MS, RD, CD
- Toni M. Tucker, MA, RD
- Sheila M. Campbell, PhD, RD, LD
- Amanda G. Carlson, MS, RD
- Lisa Davis, MS, RD
- Erica R. Dean, MS, RD, LD
- Debby Demory-Luce, PhD, RD, LD
- Suzanne W. Dixon, MPH, MS, RD
- Mable L. Everette, PhD, MPH, RD, FADA
- Suzanne Brodney-Folse, PhD, RD
- Cynthia M. Goody, PhD, RD, LD
- Christina M. Kearns, MS, RD
- Kathryn S. Keim, PhD, RD, LDN
- Lori L. Kundra, MS, RD, LDN
- Jeannine B. Mills, MS, RD, LD
- Jennifer K. Nelson, MS, RD
- Donna Perisee McFarlane, MD
- Felicia L. Rocchi, PhD, MEd, RD, LDN
- Catherine B. Scanlon, MS, RD, LD
- Linda F. Tate, MS, RD, LD
- Janet G. Yarrow, MS, RD
- Ethan Bergman, PhD, RD, CD, FADA
- Jo Ann Carson, PhD, RD, LD
- Nancy M. Copperman, MS, RD
- Rachael C. Drabot, MPH, CNSD, RD, LD
- David Frankenfield, MS, RD
- M. Patricia Fuhrman, MS, RD, LD, FADA
- Gretchen M. Garlow, RD, CNSD
- Jennifer C. Graf, MS, RD
- Ken Hance, PhD
- Wahida Karmally, DrPH, RD, CDE, CLS
- Sue Kent, MS, RD, LD
- Greta C. Macaire, RD
- Kathleen C. Niedert, MBA, RD, CSG, LD, FADA
- Jessie Pavlinac, MS, RD, CSR, LD
- Christine G. Salaita, MS, RD
- Harold Seifried, PhD
- Marge Whitman, MS, AOCNS, RN
- American Dietetic Association
- Deborah Cummins, PhD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD
- Esther F. Myers, PhD, RD
Disclosures of Potential Conflict of Interest: In the interest of full disclosure, ADA has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the ADA Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers. None of the work group members listed above disclosed potential conflicts of interest.
The guideline will be available online.
Availability of Companion Documents
The Oncology Toolkit will begin development after the guideline publication. The Toolkit is a set companion documents which detail how the practitioner applies the Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline in practice. The Toolkit will include forms such as documentation forms, outcomes monitoring sheets, client education resources, case studies and MNT protocols for implementing the Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline.
Patient education resources will be available within the Oncology Toolkit.
National Library of Medicine Subject Headings
The main MeSH category is designated as Therapeutics.
The sub categories under this heading include Nutrition Therapy and Diet Therapy.
Institutes of Medicine (IOM) National Healthcare Quality Report Categories
IOM Care need: Getting better
IOM Domain: Effectiveness, Patient centeredness
The American Dietetic Association encourages the free exchange of evidence in nutrition practice guidelines and promotes the adaptation of the guidelines for local conditions. However, please note that guidelines are subject to copyright provisions. To replicate or reproduce this guideline, in part or in full, please obtain agreement from the American Dietetic Association. Contact email@example.com for copyright permission.
When modifying the guidelines for local circumstances, significant departures from these comprehensive guidelines should be fully documented and the reasons for the differences explicitly detailed.
©2007 American Dietetic Association