Welcome to the Oncology project site. Evidence Analysis work on the project was published between 2011-2013. This work updates the 2007 project. Highlights from this project inlcude:
- Target population of adults
- Four (4) sub-topics with sixteen (16) evidence anlaysis questions.
- Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guidelines were published in 2007 and updated in 2013.
- Expand the Project Resources section below for information of products developed from this project.
Use the links on the left to access the questions, conclusions and recommendations.
- Project Resources
The following resources were developed:
- Oncology Toolkit - this toolkit is designed to assist the registered dietitian in applying the Academy'sOncology 2010 Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline. The toolkit includes resources such as the MNT summary of recommendations for various cancer types, MNT encounter process, progress note documentation forms, head and nec cancer case study, patient edeucation list, professional resources list, patient library recommendations, outcomes monitoring forms, survivorship care plan forms and more. It also incorporates the Academy Nutrition Care Process and Standardized Language for patient/client care. Click to order
- Oncology Guideline Presentation - this 45-slide MS PowerPoint presentation includes all the recommendations and ratings of the Oncology 2010 Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guideline. Ideal for you to use for meetings, in-service presentations and classes (not designed for the consumer). Click to order.
- Project Team
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project:
- Laura Elliott, MPH, RD, LD, CSO, Chair
- Vanessa Fuchs, PhD, MD, Licensed Nutritionist in Mexico
- Maureen Huhmann, DCN, RD, CSO
- Rhone Levin, MEd, RD, LD, CSO
- Anne Voss, PhD, RD, LD
- Tami Piemonte, MS, RDN/LDN
- Kyle Thompson, MS, RD, CNSC
- Ellen Bowser, MS, RD, LDN
- Lori Brizee, MS, RD, LD, CSP
- Lisa Davis, MS, RD
- Alison Dvorak, MS, RD, CDN
- Sharon Foley, PhD, RD, LD
- Micah Lancman, MS, RD
- Roseline Jan, MS, RD
- Renee Korczak, BS, MA
- Holly Larson, MS, RD
- Michelle Lee, PhD, RD
- Keiy Murofushi, MS, RD
- Joan Pleuss, MS, CDE, CD, RD
- Kelly Roehl, MS, RD, CNSC, LDN
- LuAnn Soliah, PhD, RD, LD
- Valaree Williams, MS, RD, LDN
- David Allen August, MD
- Christina Campbell, PhD, RDN
- Paula Charuhas Macris, MS, RD, CSO, CD, FADA
- Cynthia Clark, MS, RD, CSO, LDN
- Maree Ferguson, RD, MBA, PhD
- Maureen Gardner, MA, RD, CSO, LDN
- Barbara L. Grant, MS, RDN, CSO, LD
- Kathryn K. Hamilton, MA, RD, CSO, CDN
- Katie Harper, MS, RD, CSO
- Pat Harper, MS, RDN, LDN
- Toni Kuehneman, MS, RDN, LMNT
- Marcia Kyle, RDN, LD, CDE
- Shahwar Latif, MS, RD, CSO
- Ainsley Malone, MS, RD, LD, CNSC
- Alicia Merritt, MS, RD, CSO, CNSC, LD
- Andrea Nguyen, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
- Amy Patton, RD, CSO, CNSC
- Camella Rising, MS, RDN, LDN
- Susan R. Roberts, MS, RD, LD, CNSC
- Denise C. Snyder, MS, RD
- William Swan, RD LD
- Elaine Trujillo, MS, RD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD, LD
- Paula Ziegler, PhD, RD, CFCS
Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- Laura Elliott: Grants/Research Support from American Cancer Society.
- Maureen Huhmann: Employment: Nestle Nutrition, Publications: ASPEN Guidelines for the use of Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition in Cancer (2009).
- Rhone Levin: Consultancy: Critical Care Systems Infusion, Honorarium: previous Oncology DPG funding, Membership: Oncology DPG.
- Anne Voss: Employment: Abbott Nutrition, Grants/research Support: European Union Palliative Care Research Consortium, Membership: American Cancer Society,