Nutrition Counseling (NC) Systematic Review (2007-2008)
Welcome to the Nutrition Counseling project site. Nutrition Counseling is a supportive process to set priorities, establish goals, and create individualized action plans which acknowledge and foster resonsibility for self-care. This project was published in 2007-2008. Highlights of the project include:
- Target audience adults
- Five (5) sub-topics within the project. Use the links on the left to access the evidence analysis questions and results.
- Expand the Project Resources section below for available products.
There is no scheduled date for an update of this project.
- Project Team
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project:
Project Manager/Lead Analyst
- Rebecca S. Reeves, PhD, RD, FADA, Chair
- Nicole Clark, MS, RD, LDN
- Catherine V. Hapgood, MS, RD, CDE, LDN
- Bonnie Jortberg, MS, RD, CDE
- Katheryn Keim, PhD, RD, LDN
- Molly Kellogg, RD, LCSW
- Idamarie Laquatra, PhD, RD, LDN
- Catherine L.S. Arnold, MS, EdD, RD, LDN (resigned)
- Joanne M. Spahn, MS, RD, FADA
- Lori S. Brizee, MS, RD, LD, CSP
- Cynthia P. Cadieux, PhD, RD
- Joy Dubost, PhD, RD
- Chandra Carthy, MMSc, RD, LD
- Charlene G. Harkins, EdD, RD, LD, FADA
- Mary Harris, PhD, RD
- Diane L. Helsel, PhD, RD, CSSD
- Mary Katherine 'Kathy' Hoy, EdD, RD, CDE
- Vijaya Juturu, PhD, FACN
- Elizabeth Palmer-Reed, MPH, RD
- Jeanette Waite, MS, RD, CDE
- Deborah Cummins, PhD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD
- Esther Myers, PhD, RD
Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- None of the workgroup members listed above disclosed potential conflicts.
- Project Resources
The following resources on this topic have been developed:
- Nutrition Counseling Presentation - this 45-slide MS PowerPoint presentation includes all the conclusion statements and grades ready for you to use for meetings, in-service presentations and classes (not designed for the consumer). Click to order.