Welcome to the Oncology project site. Evidence Analysis work on the project was published between 2011-2013. Highlights from this project include:
- Target population of adults
- Four (4) sub-topics with sixteen (16) evidence analysis questions.
- Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guidelines were published in 2007 and updated in 2013.
- Expand the Project Resources section below for information about products developed from this project.
Use the links on the left to access the questions, conclusions and recommendations.
- Project Team (2011-2013)
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project:
- Laura Elliott, MPH, RD, LD, Chair
- Vanessa fuchs, PhD, MD, RD
- Barbara Grant, MS, RD, CSO
- Maureen Huhmann, DCN, RD, CSO
- Rhone Levin, Med, RD, CSO, LD
- Anne Voss, PhD, RD, LD
- Tami Piemonte, MS, RDN/LDN
- Kyle Thompson, MS, RD, CSG, CO, CNSD
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- Laura Elliott: Grants/Research Support from American Cancer Society.
- Maureen Huhmann: Employment: Nestle Nutrition, Publications: ASPEN Guidelines for the use of Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition in Cancer (2009).
- Rhone Levin: Consultancy: Critical Care Systems Infusion, Honorarium: previous Oncology DPG funding, Membership: Oncology DPG.
- Anne Voss: Employment: Abbott Nutrition, Grants/research Support: European Union Palliative Care Research Consortium, Membership: American Cancer Society,
- Project Resources
The following resources were developed:
- Oncology Guideline Presentation - this 45-slide MS PowerPoint presentation includes all the recommendations and ratings of the Oncology 2010 Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guideline. Ideal for you to use for meetings, in-service presentations and classes (not designed for the consumer). Click to order.