Welcome to the Breastfeeding Systematic Review
The expert workgroup was charged with reviewing evidence on the following subtopics:
- Effect of artificial nipple on breastfeeding duration
- Dietary factors, breast milk, and infant oucomes
Use the links on the left to access the evidence analysis work. Expand the section titled Project Team to view a listing of the individuals who contributed to the development of this review.
The results of this project were used to develop a position paper: Promoting and Supporting Breastfeeding. Expand the section titled Resources to access the 2009 position paper and the updated 2015 position paper.
- Project Resources
This project resulted in the 2009 Academy Position Paper. The paper was updated in 2015.
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: Promoting and Supporting Breastfeeding. J Am Diet Assoc. 2009;109:1926-1942 (PDF)
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Promoting and Supporting Breastfeeding. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115:444-449 (PDF)
- Project Team
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project.
- Carina Venter, PhD, SRD, RD, Chair
- Amy Brandes, LD, CNSD, CLC
- Kristina Elsaesser, MS, LD, CSP
- Lisa Hamlett,, MS, RD, CNSD, LDN
- Pamela Legowsk, MS, RD, CNSD, LDN
- Maria Nnyepi, PhD, RD
- Jennifer Weddig, MS, RD
Project Manager/Lead Analyst
- Mei Chung, MPH
- Diane DellaValle, MS, RD
- Mable Everette, PhD, RD, FADA
- Mary Katherine "Kathy" Hoy, EdD, RD
- Christiane L. Meireles, PhD, RD, LD
- Winifred Yu, MS, RD
Academy Positions Committee Members
- Carol Berg Sloan, RD
- Alana Cline, RD
- Deborah Cummins, PhD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD
- Anna Murphy, MPH, RD, LDN
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Academy Association Position Committee
Disclosures of Potential Conflict of Interest: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- None of the workgroup members listed above disclosed potential conflicts of interest.