EAL Orientation Tutorial
Learn about the EAL®
Learn about the EAL and evidence-based practice by viewing the EAL Orienation Tutorial. These 4 short videos are designed to help you get acquainted with the EAL, provide tips on navigating the site, and highlight the Academy's rigorous methodology for conducting systematic reviews and development of evidence-based nutrition guidelines.
The tutorial modules are free and available to everyone. To access the modules, please click on the title below:
- Orientation Tutorial Outline (PDF)
- Module 1: Introduction to the Evidence Analysis Library (34 slides / 10 minutes) (Module 1 Script)
- Module 2: EAL Evidence Analysis Process (48 slides / 14 minutes) (Module 2 Script)
- Module 3: Development of Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guidelines (44 slides / 13 minutes) (Module 3 Script)
- Module 4: Guideline Dissemination and Implementation (17 slides / 6 minutes) (Module 4 Script)
Certificate and Continuing Education Credit
Dietitians may earn one (1) hour of continuing education for viewing all 4 modules and passing a short quiz. The quiz should last approximately 15 minutes. Upon passing the quiz, you will receive a link to download a certificate of completion.