What is the effect of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) on body composition and weight loss in healthy adults?
Fair evidence indicates that three to six months of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) supplementation results in a decrease in fat mass and an increase in fat-free mass in healthy adults; however, fair evidence indicates that CLA does not affect body weight.
- Grade I means there is Good/Strong evidence supporting the statement;
- Grade II is Fair;
- Grade III is Limited/Weak;
- Grade IV is Expert Opinion Only;
- Grade V is Not Assignable.
- High (A) means we are very confident that the true effect lies close to that of the estimate of the effect;
- Moderate (B) means we are moderately confident in the effect estimate;
- Low (C) means our confidence in the effect estimate is limited;
- Very Low (D) means we have very little confidence in the effect estimate.
- Ungraded means a grade is not assignable.