Unintended Weight Loss in Older Adults
Welcome to the Unintended Weight Loss in Older Adults project site. This project was published between 2007-2009. Highlights of this project include:
- Target audience of older adults.
- Two (2) sub-topics and 20 evidence anlaysis questions. Use the links on the left to access the questions and conclusions.
- The Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guidelines were published in 2009.
- Expand the Project Resources section for informatin on available products
- Project Resources
The following resources were developed:
- UWL Guideline Presentation - this 56-slide MS PowerPoint presentation includes all the recommendations and ratings of the Academy's Unintended WEight Loss Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guideline. Ideal for you to use for meetings, in-service presentations and classes (not designed for the consumer). Click to order
- Unintended Weight Loss for Olde Adults Toolkit - this toolkit is designed to assist the registered dietitian in applying the Academy's UWL recommendations. It includes material such as interactive sample documentation forms, encounter process instructions, outcomes monitoring forms, case study and client education resources. Click to order.
- Project Team
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project:
Project Manager/Lead Analyst
- Mary Ellen E. Posthauer, RD, CD, LD, Chair
- Ronni Chernoff, PhD, RD, FADA
- Krista M. Clark, RD, LD, CNSD
- Becky Dorner, RD, LD
- Charlette R. Gallagher-Allred, PhD, RD, LD
- Gretchen y. Robinson, MS, RD, LD, FAND
- Erica K. Gradwell, MS, RD
- Jennifer J. Gardner-Cardani, MPH, RD, CDE
- Karen A. Siebe, MS, RD, LMNT
- Annalynn Skipper, PhD, RD, FADA
- Nancy G. Walters, MMSc, RD, LD, FADA
- Lucie M. Ashton, BS, RD, LD
- Nancy Collins, PhD, RD, LDN, FAPWCA
- Peggi Guenter, PhD, RN, CNSN
- Mary Beth Hynek, RD
- Kathleen Niedert, PhD, MBA, RD, CSG, LD, FADA
- Carolyn D. Philpot, MSN (R), CS, GNP
- Lori Roth, MPH, RD, LN
- Laurence Z. Rubenstein, MD, MPH, FACP
- David Seres, MD, PNS
- Eric Tangalos, MD, FACP, AGSF, CMD
- David R. Thomas, MD, CMD, FACP, AGSF
- Deborah Cummins, PhD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD
- Esther F. Myers, PhD, RD
- Joan Schwaba, MS, RD
Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Commission on Dietetic Registration
: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- None of the workgroup members listed above disclosed potential conflicts.