Unintended Weight Loss in Older Adults
Welcome to the Unintended Weight Loss in Older Adults project site. This project was published between 2007-2009. Highlights of this project include:
- Target audience of older adults.
- Two (2) sub-topics and 20 evidence anlaysis questions. Use the links on the left to access the questions and conclusions.
- The Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guidelines were published in 2009.
- Expand the Project Resources section for informatin on available products
The Evidence Analysis Center is starting work to update the 2009 UWL guideline under the title Malnutrition in Older Adults. The scoping review phase is underway and expected to be completed by June 2020. The results of the scoping review will guide the focus of the systematic review, including developement of the research questions. Learn more.
- Project Team
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project:
- Mary Ellen E. Posthauer, RD, CD, LD, Chair
- Ronni Chernoff, PhD, RD, FADA
- Krista M. Clark, RD, LD, CNSD
- Becky Dorner, RD, LD
- Charlette R. Gallagher-Allred, PhD, RD, LD
- Gretchen y. Robinson, MS, RD, LD, FAND
Project Manager/Lead Analyst
- Erica K. Gradwell, MS, RD
- Jennifer J. Gardner-Cardani, MPH, RD, CDE
- Karen A. Siebe, MS, RD, LMNT
- Annalynn Skipper, PhD, RD, FADA
- Nancy G. Walters, MMSc, RD, LD, FADA
- Lucie M. Ashton, BS, RD, LD
- Nancy Collins, PhD, RD, LDN, FAPWCA
- Peggi Guenter, PhD, RN, CNSN
- Mary Beth Hynek, RD
- Kathleen Niedert, PhD, MBA, RD, CSG, LD, FADA
- Carolyn D. Philpot, MSN (R), CS, GNP
- Lori Roth, MPH, RD, LN
- Laurence Z. Rubenstein, MD, MPH, FACP
- David Seres, MD, PNS
- Eric Tangalos, MD, FACP, AGSF, CMD
- David R. Thomas, MD, CMD, FACP, AGSF
- Deborah Cummins, PhD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD
- Esther F. Myers, PhD, RD
- Joan Schwaba, MS, RD
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Commission on Dietetic Registration
Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- None of the workgroup members listed above disclosed potential conflicts.