Welcome to the HIV/AIDS project site. This project was published in 2010. Highlights of this project include:
- Target population of both adults and children.
- Eight (8) sub-topics and eleven (11) evidence analysis questions. Use the links on the left to access the results
- Evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines were published in 2010.
- A position paper was developed. Expand the Project Resources section to access a copy of the article.
- Several resources were developed on this topic. Expand the Project Resources section for information on this products.
There is no scheduled date to update this project.
- Project Team and Disclosures
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project:
- Marcy N. Fenton, MS, RD, Chair
- Saroj M. Bahl, PhD, RD, LD
- Susan M. Basinger, RD
- Janelle M. L'Heureux, MS, RD
- Pamela M. Rothpletz-Puglia, EdD, RD
- Linda Parker, RD, LD, DSc
- Barbara J. Craven, PhD, RD, LD (resigned)
- Melinda Marcan, RD, LD (resigned)
Project Manager/Lead Analyst
- Erica K. Gradwell, MS, RD
- Ellen Bowser, MS, RD, CSP
- Kimberly R. Dong, MS, RD, LDN
- Elizabeth A. Droke, PhD, RD
- Mary Elizabeth 'Beth' Mills, MS, CNSD, LDN, RD
Association Positions Committee Workgroup
- Theresa A. Galvin, MS, RD, CDN
- Andrea Hutchins, PhD, RD
- Lori Lewis, EdD, RD, CD
- Shana Bayder, RD, LDN
- Karen Bellesky, RD, LD
- Ginger Bouvier, MEd, RD, LDN
- Tammy Darke, MS, RD, CNSD
- Kimberly Dong, MS, RD, LDN
- Goulda A. Downer, PhD, RD, LN, CNS
- Ted Greiner, PhD
- Kristy M. Hendricks, ScD, RD
- Daniel Lee, MD
- Joanne Maurice, MS, RD
- Pamela Morrison, IBCLC
- Encarnita F. Ongjoco, RD, CNSD
- June M. Pierre-Louis, PhD, MPH, CDN
- Monica Randel, RD, CSR
- Ellyn Silverman, MPH, RD, PA-C
- Rachel Grinker Stern, MS, RD
- Elaine G. Williams, PhD, RD
- Deborah Cummins, PhD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD
- Esther Myers, PhD, RD
- Joan Schwaba, MS, RD, LDN
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
- Health Resources and Services Administration, HIV/AIDS Bureau, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Marcy N. Fenton, MS, RD
Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- None of the workgroup members listed above disclosed potential conflicts.