Scope of Guideline (2012)
Below, you will find a list of characteristics that describe the Scope of this Guideline.
Counseling, Diagnosis, Evaluation, Management, Prevention, Screening, Treatment
Geriatrics, Nursing, Nutrition, Ophthalmology, Optometry, Preventive Medicine, Psychiatry, Psychology
Registered Dietitians, Advanced Practice Nurses, Allied Health Personnel, Dentists, Health Care Providers, Hospitals, Managed Care Organizations, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Optometrists, Pharmacists, Physical Therapists, Physician Assistants, Physicians, Psychologists/Non-physician Behavioral Health Clinicians, Public Health Departments, Social Workers
To provide evidence-based recommendations on three topics related to food and nutrition for older adults promoting health and wellness.
- To define evidence-based nutrition recommendations for RDs that are carried out in collaboration with other healthcare providers
- To guide practice decisions that integrate medical, nutritional and behavioral strategies
- To reduce variations in practice among RDs
- To provide the RD with data to make recommendations to adjust MNT or recommend other therapies to achieve desired outcomes
- To develop guidelines for interventions that have measurable clinical outcomes
- To define the highest quality of care within cost constraints of the current healthcare environment.
Target Population Description
Older adults (aged 60 years and older).
Interventions and Practices Considered
- Nutrition assessment
- Nutrition diagnosis
- Nutrition intervention
- Nutrition monitoring and evaluation.