Gestational Diabetes (GDM) Guideline (2016)
Welcome to the 2016 Gestational Diabetes Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline site. The guideline information is divided into several sections:
- Executive Summary - major recommendations and ratings by Nutrition Care Process category.
- Introduction and Backround - Guideline Overview; Scope, Statement of Intent and Patient Preference, Guideline Methods, Implementation of the Guideline; Benefits and Harms of Implementing the Recommendations, Background Information and Reference
- Major Recommendations - Guideline recommendations with conditional statements and strength rating
Printing Guideline Materials
You can print each page of the guideline by clicking on the print icon in the upper right-hand corner. To print entire sections of a guideline in PDF format, please click below:
- GDM: 2016 Guideline Executive Summary of Recommendations
- GDM 2016: Introduction and Background
- GDM: 2016 Major Recommendations
The report will be generated in PDF format. We recommend Adobe Reader 7.0 or greater (available as a free download www.adobe.com).
General Information and Disclaimer
This nutrition practice guideline is meant to serve as a general framework for handling clients with particular health problems. The independent skill and judgment of the health care provider must always dictate treatment decisions.