CKD: Benefits and Risks/Harms of Implementation (2020)
Various factors should be considered prior to implementation of these recommendations. Every recommendation includes benefits and risks/harms specific to that particular recommendation. Access the recommendations from the Guideline Recommendations and Supporting Evidence tab.
When using these recommendations, please consider the following general benefits:
- The primary goal of implementing these recommendations is improving patient outcomes while keeping in mind your patients’ preferences and health status.
- Although costs of MNT sessions and reimbursement vary, MNT is essential for improved outcomes.
- MNT education can be considered cost-effective when considering the benefits of nutrition interventions on the onset and progression of comorbidities vs cost of the interventions.
When using these recommendations, please keep in mind the following:
- Patients age, socio-economic status, cultural issues, psychological and mental health status, health history and other individual ad health conditions.
- Use clinical judgement in applying these guidelines
|Proceed to Dissemination and Implementation
|Return to CKD Home