Gestational Diabetes Mellitus Conclusion Statements: Postpartum Care (2001 CD)
The recurrence rate of GDM in subsequent pregnancies is 30% to 65%. Women who have had GDM are also at higher risk for developing type 2 diabetes mellitus. However, the risks of developing diabetes can be reduced with lifestyle changes including healthy food choices and physical activity to promote weight loss.
- Grade I means there is Good/Strong evidence supporting the statement;
- Grade II is Fair;
- Grade III is Limited/Weak;
- Grade IV is Expert Opinion Only;
- Grade V is Not Assignable.
- High (A) means we are very confident that the true effect lies close to that of the estimate of the effect;
- Moderate (B) means we are moderately confident in the effect estimate;
- Low (C) means our confidence in the effect estimate is limited;
- Very Low (D) means we have very little confidence in the effect estimate.
- Ungraded means a grade is not assignable.