Gestational Diabetes (GDM) Systematic Review (2008)
Welcome to the Gestational Diabetes project page. This project was published in 2008. Highlights of the project include:
- Target population of adults
- Ten (10) sub-topics with 13 evidence analysis questions. Use the links on the left to access the results.
- The evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines were published in 2008.
- A toolkit was developed. Expand the Project Resources section for more information.
This project is scheduled to be updated in 2015.
- Project Team
The following individuals contributed their valuable time and expertise to this project:
Project Manager/Lead Analyst
- Diane M. Reader, RD, CDE, Chair
- Susan Blastre, RD, LDN, CDE
- Sharmila Chatterjee, MSc, MS, RD, CDE
- Maria O. Duarte-Gardea, PhD, RD, LD
- Melanie D. Sipe, RD, CDE
- Alyce M. Thomas, RD, CDN
- Erica K. Gradwell, MS, RD
- Jeannette Beasley, MPH, RD
- Jeanne Blankenship, MS, RD
- Ellen Bowser, MS, RD, CSP
- Mei Chung, MPH
- Linda H. Clemens, EdD, RD
- Tanja Cutting, MS, RD, LD
- Mable Everette, PhD, RD, FADA
- Billie Jeanne McGuire, MS, LD, CDE, CCN
- Gita Patel, MS, RD, CDE, LD
- Christopher A. Taylor, PhD, RD
- Carol I. Waslien, PhD, MS, RD
- Irene Alton, MS, LN, RD
- M. Joann Henry, RNC, MSHS
- Marion Franz, MS, RD, CDE
- Dr. Jamie S. Stang, PhD, MPH, RD
- Florence Brown, MD
- Patti Urbanski, MEd, RD, LD, CDE
- Dr. Aido Khoury, MD
- Patricia B. Geil, MS, RD, CDE, FADA
- Deborah L. Conway, MD
- Maribeth Inturrisi, RN, MS, CNS, CDE
- Catherine Fagen, MA, RD
- Deborah Cummins, PhD
- Kari Kren, MPH, RD
- Esther F.Myers, PhD, RD
Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
: In the interest of full disclosure, the Academy has adopted the policy of revealing relationships workgroup members have with companies that sell products or services that are relevant to this topic. Workgroup members are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest by completing the Academy Conflict of Interest Form. It should not be assumed that these financial interests will have an adverse impact on the content, but they are noted here to fully inform readers.
- None of the workgroup members listed above disclosed potential conflicts.
- Project Resources
The following resources were developed:
- Gestational Diabetes Toolkit - this toolkit is designed to assist the registered dietitian in applying the Academy's Gestational Diabetes Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline. The toolkit includes material such as interactive sample documentation forms, encounter process instructions, outcomes monitoring forms and three comprehensive case studies. The toolkit incorporates the Academy Nutrition Care Process and Standardized Language for patient/client care. Click to order.
- Gestational Diabetes Guideline Presentation - this 46-slide MS PowerPoint presentation includes all the recommendations and ratings of the Gestational Diabetes Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guideline. Ideal for you to use for meetings, in-service presentations and classes (not designed for the consumer). Click to order.