Oncology (ONC) Guideline (2007)
Welcome to the 2007 Oncology Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline site. The guideline information is divided into several sections:
- Executive Summary - major recommendations and ratings by Nutrition Care Process category.
- Introduction - Guideline Overview; Scope, Statement of Intent and Patient Preference, Guideline Methods, Implementation of the Guideline; Benefits and Harms of Implementing the Recommendations
- Major Recommendations - Guideline recommendations with conditional statements and strength rating
- Algorithms - Diagrams showing a flow of treatment for a disease or condition
- Background Information and References - additional information
Printing Guideline Materials
You can print each page of the guideline by clicking on the print icon in the upper right-hand corner. To print entire sections of a guideline in PDF format, please click below:
- ONC 2007: Guideline Introduction and Executive Summary
- ONC 2007: Major Recommendations
- ONC 2007: Algorithms
The report will be generated in PDF format. We recommend Adobe Reader 7.0 or greater (available as a free download from www.adobe.com).
General Information and Disclaimer
This nutrition practice guideline is meant to serve as a general framework for handling clients with particular health problems. The independent skill and judgment of the health care provider must always dictate treatment decisions.