Malnutrition in Older Adults (MiOA) Scoping Review (2019-20)
Malnutrition in Older Adults: A Scoping Review
The objective of the Malnutrition in Older Adults scoping review is to identify and characterize available evidence examining nutrition assessment or nutrition interventions to treat or prevent malnutrition in older adults living in their permanent residence (nursing home or community).
An understanding of the landscape of literature for nutrition assessment and nutrition intervention to identify and combat malnutrition among older adults will inform the need for systematic reviews and evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines.
- In older adults with a mean age of 65 years living in a permanent residence (nursing home or community), what is the availability of literature evaluating nutrition assessment tools?
- In older adults with a mean age of 65 years living in a permanent residence (nursing home or community), what is the availability of literature evaluating nutrition interventions to prevent or treat malnutrition?
Target Population: Adults (mean age 65 years)
Assessment: Validity, reliability, or predicition studies for the assessment of nutrition status of older adults
Intervention: Studies examining the effects of nutrition interventions to prevent or treat malnutrition
Outcomes: Any nutrition-related health outcomes
Location: Nursing Homes or Community
- Assessment: prior May 2018
- Intervention: prior May 2019
Study Designs: Randomized controlled trials, clinical controlled studies, cohort studies, systematic reviews or meta-analysis of randomized controlled clinical trials or cohort studies. Additionally, the search included any evidence-based guidelines.
Databases: Medline, Embase, Cochrane Central and CINAHL
Results: The scoping review has been completed. A manuscript with the results has been submitted to JAND. The systemtic review is in progress.
- Learn more about EAL Scoping Reviews by visiting the Policy and Process section.
- Questions on the MiOA scoping review? Email: email@example.com
Return to Malnutrition in Older Adults home page