Celiac Disease (CD) Guideline (2009)
Welcome to the 2009 Celiac Disease Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline site. The guideline information is divided into several sections:
- Executive Summary - major recommendations and ratings by Nutrition Care Process category.
- Introduction - Guideline Overview; Scope; Statement of Intent and Patient Preference, Guideline Methods, Implementation of the Guideline; Benefits and Harms of Implementing the Recommendations.
- Major Recommendations - Guideline recommendations with conditional statements and strength ratings.
- Algorithms - Diagrams showing a flow of treatment for a disease or condition
- Appendixes and References - additional guideline information
Use the links on the left to access the guideline material.
Printing Guideline Materials
You can print each page of the guideline by clicking on the print icon in the upper right-hand corner. To print entire sections of a guideline in PDF format, please click below:
- CD: Celiac Disease Introduction (approx. 10 pages)
- CD: Executive Summary (approx. 9 pages)
- CD: Celiac Disease Major Recommendations (approx. 62 pages)
- CD: Celiac Disease Algorithms (approx. 8 pages)
The report will be generated in PDF format. We recommend Adobe Reader 9.0. (download for free from www.adobe.com)
General Information and Disclaimer
This nutrition practice guideline is meant to serve as a general framework for handling clients with particular health problems. The independent skill and judgment of the health care provider must always dictate treatment decisions.