CD: Dissemination and Implementation of the Guideline (2021)
Dissemination and implementation of guidelines is very important for the Academy. Dissemination focuses on spreading the knowledge and information of these guidelines via various means. Implementation, on the other hand, involves integration of the evidence-based interventions into practice, and examining barriers and facilitators that can influence the effectiveness of these evidence-based interventions.
The publication of this guideline is an integral part of the plans for disseminating the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics evidence-based recommendation on celiac disease to all dietetics practitioners engaged in, teaching, or researching celiac disease, as quickly as possible. Additionally, there are recommended dissemination and adoption strategies for local use of the Academy Celiac Disease Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline.
Dissemination of the Celiac Disease Guideline will be achieved by announcement at professional events, on social media, available on the Evidence Analysis Library website and published in a professional journal, as well as various presentations. Some strategies include:
- National and local events: State dietetic association meetings and media coverage will help launch the guideline.
- Local feedback adaptation: Presentation by members of the work group at peer review meetings and opportunities for CEUs for courses will be provided.
- Education initiatives: The guideline and supplementary resources will be freely available for use in the education and training of dietetic interns and students in approved Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) programs.
- Champions: Local champions will be identified, and expert members of the guideline team will prepare articles for publication. Resources will be provided that include PowerPoint presentations, full guidelines and pre-prepared case studies.
Specific distribution strategies include:
- Publication in full: The guideline will be available electronically at the Academy Evidence Analysis Library website (www.andeal.org) and will be announced to all the dietetic practice groups. The Academy Evidence Analysis Library will also provide downloadable supporting information.
- Scientific publication: The guideline will be published in the Journal of the Academy and Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Presentations: Results of the systematic review and guidelines will be presented at conferences.
- Celiac Disease (2021) Guideline Presentation - includes all the recommendations and ratings of the guideline in a PowerPoint presentation format. Ideal for in-service presentations, staff training sessions and classes (not designed for patient or client use). Download for free.
- Nutrition Care Manual (subscription required)
- Pediatric Care Manual (subscription required)
- Beyond Celiac (beyondceliac.org)
|Return to CD home page|