CF: Dissemination and Implementation of Guideline (2020)
Dissemination and implementation of guidelines is very important for the Academy. Dissemination focuses on spreading the knowledge and information of these guidelines via various means. Implementation, on the other hand, involves integration of the evidence-based interventions into practice, and examines barriers and facilitators that can influence the effectiveness of these evidence-based recommendations.
The publication of this guideline is an integral aspect of the plans for disseminating the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics CF Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline to all dietetics practitioners engaged in, teaching, or researching CF. Additionally, there are recommended dissemination and adoption strategies for local use of the Academy CF Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline.
Dissemination of the CF Guideline will be achieved by announcement at professional events, on social media, available on the Evidence Analysis Library website and published in a professional journal as well as various presentations. Some strategies include:
- National and local events: State dietetic association meetings and media coverage will help launch the guideline
- Local feedback adaptation: Presentation by members of the work group at peer review meetings and opportunities for CEUs for courses will be provided
- Education initiatives: The guideline and supplementary resources will be freely available for use in the education and training of dietetic interns and students in approved Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) programs
- Champions: Local champions will be identified, and expert members of the guideline team will prepare articles for publications. Resources will be provided that include PowerPoint presentations, full guidelines and pre-prepared case studies
Specific distribution strategies include:
- Publication in full: The guideline is available electronically at the Academy Evidence Analysis Library website (www.andeal.org) and will be announced to all the dietetic practice groups. The Academy Evidence Analysis Library will also provide downloadable supporting information.
- Scientific publication: The guideline will be published in Journal of Academy and Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Presentations: Results from the systematic review were presented at the North American CF Conference in 2018 as well as the CF Nutrition and Social Work Consortium 2019. The guideline was presented in sessions at FNCE 2019 and the North American CF Conference in 2019. Posters and an oral session for the scoping and systematic reviews were presented at The American Society of Nutrition meetings in 2018 and 2019 and a poster on the guideline was presented at the Guideline International Network meeting in 2019.
- Patient Resources:
- Nutrition Care Manual and Pediatric Care Manual (https://www.nutritioncaremanual.org/auth.cfm)
|Procced to Overview of Nutrition Topics||Return to CF Home Page|