Preterm Infant (VLBW) Enteral Nutrition Guideline (2017-2020)
Welcome to the 2020 Preterm Infant (VLBW) Enteral Nutrition Practice Guideline site. The guideline information is divided into several sections:
- Executive Summary - major recommendations and ratings by Nutrition Care Process category.
- Guideline ntroduction - Overview; Scope, Methods, Implementation of the Guideline; Benefits and Harms of Implementing the Recommendations
- Major Recommendations - Guideline recommendations with conditional statements and strength rating
- Background Information and References - additional information
Use the links on the left to access the guideline material.
Printing Guideline Materials
You can print each page of the guideline by clicking on the print icon in the upper right corner. To print entire sections of a guideline in PDF format, please click below:
- VLBW Preterm Infant Introductory Material (1 page)
- VLBW Preterm Infant Executive Summary (9 pages)
- VLBW Preterm Major Recommendations (15 pages)
The report will be generated in PDF format. We recommend Adobe Reader 10.0 (download for free from www.adobe.com).
General Information and Disclaimer
This nutrition practice guideline is meant to serve as ageneral framework for handling clients with particular health problems. The indenpendent skill and judgement of the health care provider must always dictate treatment decisions.
|Proceed to Guideline Executive Summary||Return to VLBW Home Page|