Adult Weight Management (AWM) Systematic Review (2013-2014)
Welcome to the 2013-14 Adult Weight Management project. Following are several important facts regarding this project;
- This project updates the first project published between 2005-2007 with corresponding evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines published in 2006.
- Target population of adults (18 and over)
- Four (4) sub-topic areas - Eating Frequency and Patterns; Estimating Resting Metabolic Rate; Nutrient Adequacy and Caloric Restriction; and New Technology and Telenutrition - were reviewed.
- Correspdonging evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines were pubished in 2014.
- Expand the Project Team sections to view a list of individuals who contributed to this project.
- Expand the Project Resources section to view available resources.
- Project Resources
The following resources were developed from this project:
- Adult Weight Management Guideline Presentation - this 59-slide MS PowerPoint presentation includes all the recommendations and ratings of the AWM 2014 Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guideline. Ideal for you to use for meetings, in-service presentations and classes (not designed for the consumer). Click to order.
- Project Team (2014)
The following individuals contributed their valuable skills and expertise to this project.
- Rebecca Reeves, DrPH, RD, FADA, Chair
- Chris Biesemeier, MS,RD, LD, FADA
- Molly Gee, MEd, RD, LD
- Patricia Harper, MS, RD, LD
- Kajuanda H. Huntley, MS, RD
- Bonnie Jortberg, PhD, RD, CDE
- Sachiko St. Jeor, PhD, RD
- Jackie Boucher, MS, RD, LD, CDE (resigned December 2011)
- Erica K. Gradwell, MS, RD
- Kim Bandelier,, MPH, LD
- Lori Brizee, MS, RDN, CSP
- Laura Cook, PhD, RD
- Carol Klitzke, PhD, RDN, SNS
- Renee Korczak, PhD, RD
- Michelle Lee, PhD, RD
- Sharon Foley, PhD, RD, LDN
- Helen Solomon, RD
- Kristine Clark, PhD, RDN, FACSM
- Monica Lebre, MS, BD, LDN
- Juliet M. Mancino, MS, RDN, CDE
- Ashley L. Mullins, RD, LD, CNSC
- Eileen Stellefson Myers, MPH, RD, LDN, FADA, AND
- Stacy Paine, RDN, LD, CLT
- Julie Schwartz, MS, RDN,, CSSD, LD, ACSM-HFS
- Kristen Smith, MS, RD, LD
- Elizabeth Anderson Steeves, MS, RD
- Anna Q. Tourkakis, MPA, DTR
- Rebecca J. Threlkeld, MS, RDN, LDN
- Kristin Walters, MS, RD
- Samantha Weiss, MPH, RD
- Christine K. Weithman, MBA, RD, LDN
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Christine Biesemeier.- received honorarium from CDR for consulting on adult weight management program
- Molly Gee - received grants from Coca Cola and National Institutes of Health; consulted for Enovia Oil, Aspartame, Wrigley, Sciences Institute,
- Patricia Harper - received grant from National Institutes of Health
- Bonnie Jortberg - received grant from National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases; received honorarium from South Alabama Family Medicine Residency and Advocate Lutheran Hospital Family Medicine and Pediatric Residency Programs
- Rebecca Reeves - Media representative for Cargill; member of Unilever Scientific Advisory Board and NuVal (Overall Nutrition Quality Index) Scientific Advisory Board; authored articles dealing with weigh loss and/or weight management
- Sachiko St. Jeor - received grant from National Institutes of Health and Limited Industrial support from Microlife USA and Tanita; member of Council on Women's Nutrition Solutions