Adult Weight Management (AWM) Systematic Review (2020-21)
The primary objective of the 2020-21 Adult Weight Management (AWM) systematic review was to identify, characterize, and analyze studies examining weight management interventions provided by a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) or international equivalent, in adults with overweight or obesity.
The following sub-topic areas were identified to examine the impact of intervention components:
- Number and frequency of contacts with the dietitian;
- Interventions delivered in-person or with telehealth;
- Interventions delivered individually or in groups;
- Interventions delivered by a multidisciplinary team or dietitian alone;
- Intervention duration and efficacy at follow-up.
Use the left navigation bar to access the systematic review consisting of the research questions, evidence summary, and search plan.
Weight Management Interventions Provided by a Dietitian for Adults with Overweight or Obesity: An Evidence Analysis Center Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Morgan-Bathke M, Baxter, Halliday TM, Lynch A, Malik N, Raynor HA, Garay JL, Rozga M. J Acad Nutr Diet 2022 Mar 25;S2212-2672(22)00170-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jand.2022.03.014.