AWM: Benefits and Risks/Harms of Implementation (2014)
Benefits and Risks or Harms of Implementing the Recommendations
When using these recommendations, please consider the following general benefits:
- A primary goal of implementing these recommendations includes improving a person's ability to achieve optimal nutrition through healthful food choices and a physically active lifestyle
- Although costs of MNT sessions and reimbursement vary, MNT is essential for improved outcomes
- MNT education can be considered cost-effective when considering the benefits of nutrition interventions on the onset and progression of comorbidities vs. the cost of the intervention.
- Patient’s age, socio-economic status, cultural issues, psychosocial and mental health status, health history and other individual and health conditions
- Use clinical judgment in applying the guidelines.