EE: Rest Period Duration (2013)
How long of a rest period is needed prior to the measurement of resting metabolic rate (RMR) to ensure accuracy in the critically ill population?
One study reports that rest periods greater than 30 minutes are not necessary in critically ill adults. Additional research is needed to confirm this and to determine the minimum time to recover after routine ICU care, taking sedation level into account.
- Grade I means there is Good/Strong evidence supporting the statement;
- Grade II is Fair;
- Grade III is Limited/Weak;
- Grade IV is Expert Opinion Only;
- Grade V is Not Assignable.
- Evidence Summary: How long of a rest period is needed prior to the measurement of RMR to ensure accuracy in the critically ill population?
Search Plan and Results: EE: Rest Period Lengths in Critically Ill Individuals 2012