DLM: Coenzyme Q10 and Cardiovascular Disease (2007)
What is the relationship between supplemental coenzyme Q10 and cardiovascular disease?
Not enough evidence exists to demonstrate the benefits or harm of supplemental Coenzyme Q10 and its use in CVD.
- Grade I means there is Good/Strong evidence supporting the statement;
- Grade II is Fair;
- Grade III is Limited/Weak;
- Grade IV is Expert Opinion Only;
- Grade V is Not Assignable.
Evidence Summary: What is the relationship between supplemental coenzyme Q10 and cardiovascular disease?
- Quality Rating Summary
For a summary of the Quality Rating results, click here.
- Shekelle P, Morton S, Hardy M. Effect of Supplemental Antioxidants Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Coenzyme Q10 for the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease. Evidence Report/Technology Assessment No. 83 (Prepared by Southern California–RAND Evidence Based Practice Center, under Contract No 290-97-0001). AHRQ Publication No. 03-E043. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. July 2003.
Search Plan and Results: DLM: Coenzyme Q10 - 2004